– To complete the application, click here: 2017 NARM Training Application- Chicago
(If you’d prefer to download an application, click here: 2017 NARM Training Application – Chicago)
The NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM): A Two-Year Clinical Training for Healing Developmental Trauma
CHICAGO area (Warrenville, Illinois)
THE NARM PRACTITIONER TRAINING is an advanced training for the healing of attachment, relational and developmental trauma. Enrollment is open to psychotherapists, social workers, counselors and trained somatic practitioners who work with trauma. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis*.
Local NARM Coordinators:
(630) 330 4529
(734) 975 2757
Brad Kammer, MFT, LPCC, SEP, NMT is a NARM faculty trainer. Brad has studied under his mentor Dr. Laurence Heller for over 15 years and is a NARM Practitioner and Consultant. Brad is also a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Consultant and Instructor. Brad began his career as a Humanitarian Aid Worker in Asia which introduced him to personal and collective trauma. He became passionate about supporting individuals and communities in the transformation of trauma. Brad has since focused his work on the integration of Somatic Psychology, Interpersonal Neurobiology, and wisdom from Spiritual Traditions and Traditional Cultures. Brad lives in a small town in Northern California with his family where he is a Somatic Psychotherapist, College Professor, and International Presenter on Shock and Developmental Trauma.
Dr. Laurence Heller is the founder of the NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM), and co-author of Healing Developmental Trauma: How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image and the Capacity for Relationship and Crash Course: A Self-Healing Guide to Auto Accident Trauma and Recovery.
While Brad will be the lead NARM trainer, during the 2-year training Dr. Heller will teach several online modules, and may be available for individual and/or group consultations.
Training Schedule (Friday-Sunday)*:
- Module 1: July 28-30, 2017
- Module 2: November 10-12, 2017
- Module 3: January 19-21, 2018
- Module 4: April 13-15, 2018
- Module 5: July 27-29, 2018
- Module 6: November 2-4, 2018
Each training consists of three 3-day modules per year over the two-year period. Training days generally run from 9 am – 6 pm Fri & Sat and 9 am – 4 pm Sun, with 1.5 hrs for lunch and two breaks during the day (times may be subject to change). Each module will equal 21 CEU hours.
There are also 4 online webinars facilitated by Dr. Larry Heller and Brad Kammer that will be held between live modules. They are a special opportunity to learn directly from the founder of NARM, Dr. Heller. Your attendance at these webinars is required as part of the practitioner training program, but you may attend them live or later via recording – these webinars will count towards 1 hr group case consultation (see below) and be at an additional cost of $100/webinar. You will receive the recordings and slides whether you attend live or via recording.
* We strongly encourage you to attend each module with your local cohort – however, you may take the training modules in other locations (as long as they are in order), and can substitute up to 2 live in-class training modules with video-DVD modules (the DVD option will require you to meet with a training assistant before re-joining the training).
Training Curriculum: Click here for the complete NARM Practitioner Training Program curriculum
Additional Support for your Learning:
- Faculty and/or Training assistants will run monthly study and practice groups, which are offered between trainings to create continuity and cultivate a supportive learning community. While we encourage you to attend to deepen your learning and cohort, you are not required as part of the clinical training program. The cost for these groups is: $75/meeting ($70/early bird rate). More details will be announced during Module 1.
- Video of each module may be available for further learning. More details will be announced during Module 1.
NARM Practitioner Certificate:
A certificate of completion is issued upon completion of all requirements for the two-year NARM Practitioner training.
Those requirements include:
Completion of all course requirements, including attending every day of each module (up to 2 modules may be satisfied through video)
A minimum of ten (10) personal session hours. $125/session with training assistants; cost may be higher with faculty
A minimum of ten (10) case consultation hours, at least four (4) of which must be with NARM faculty; $125/individual consultation and $75/group consultation with training assistants; cost may be higher with faculty
Case consultations can be completed individually or in group format – there will be 1 group case consultation for each training module (other than Module 1).
- Please Note: two (2) hours of group case consultation are equivalent to one (1) hour of personal case consultation
Session and consultation requirements must be completed no later than one year after the completion of course work.
THE NARM PRACTITIONER TRAINING *** is an advanced clinical training designed to enhance the skills of professionals who work with developmental trauma. The training is intended for mental health and/or somatic practitioners with an active practice so the material presented in each module can be applied and developed. Graduate trainees and interns actively seeing clients are welcome to apply. Other health care professionals or educators working with complex trauma will be considered. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis, and may include a personal interview with the coordinator and/or faculty member. The training is not appropriate for those solely seeking a personal growth experience.
21 CEU CREDIT HOURS available for Licensed Psychologists, Psychoanalysts, Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Clinical Counselors. [additional cost] – this event is co-sponsored by R. Cassidy Seminars
Full Tuition Rate — $805/module
Early-Bird Rate – $755/module
[1st module early-bird deadline: May 15, 2017]
Early-Bird Monthly Installment Plan – $226.50/month over 20 months
- Registered Student/Intern Rate — $700/module
The Clarus Center
28379 Davis Pkwy #801
Warrenville, IL 60555
How to Register:
A personal interview may be required.
Upon acceptance into the training, you will be notified by email of your acceptance into the training.
(If you are not accepted into the training, you will also be notified by email)
Upon notification of acceptance, you will receive a link to register & process your payment.
After payment is received, you will officially be welcomed as a student in the NARM Practitioner training.
* The Chicago NARM Training reserves the right to approve or deny any application, and/or accept or reject the participation of any person in its sole discretion and in accordance with its policies and the law.
** Applications are used in two ways: to ensure that all participants have appropriate background to participate in the training, and to help familiarize us with the participant group.
*** NARM Practitioner Training is not a licensure or certification training. You are responsible for working under your professional license and within your scope of practice.