We are currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 training, click here to download:
The NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM): A Practitioner Training for Healing Attachment, Relational & Developmental Trauma
THE NARM™ TRAINING is an advanced clinical training for the healing of complex trauma. Enrollment is open to psychotherapists, counselors, social workers, somatic practitioners and other health care professionals who work with trauma. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis*.
- Module 1: TBD 2019 (targeting a August or September start date)
- Module 2: TBD 2019
- Module 3: TBD 2020
- Module 4: TBD 2020
This training will consist of four 4.5-day modules. Training days run from Wednesday evening thru Sunday (besides Module 1, which runs Thursday thru Sunday). The training times generally run from 9 am – 6 pm (Thurs-Sun) with 1.5 hrs for lunch and two breaks during the day; Wednesday evening will be 6 – 9:30 pm (times may be subject to change). Each full day will equal 7 CEU hours; Wednesday evening will equal 3 CEU hours.
* We strongly encourage you to attend each module with your local cohort – however, you may take the training modules in other locations (as long as they are in order), and can substitute 1 live in-class training module with video-DVD modules (the DVD option will require you to meet with a training assistant before re-joining the training). Please note: there is a $50 transfer fee up to 30 days prior to the training start date; and $100 transfer fee within 30 days of the training start date.
Training Curriculum: Click here for the complete NARM Practitioner Training Program curriculum
Additional Support for your Learning:
- Faculty and/or Training assistants will run monthly study and practice groups, which are offered between trainings to create continuity and cultivate a supportive learning community. While we encourage you to attend to deepen your learning and cohort, you are not required as part of the clinical training program. The cost for these groups is: $75/meeting ($70/early bird rate). More details will be announced during Module 1.
- Video of each module may be available for further learning. More details will be announced during Module 1.
NARM Training Certificate:
A certificate of completion is issued upon completion of all requirements for the NARM Practitioner training.
Those requirements include:
Completion of all course requirements, including attending every day of each module (up to 1 module may be satisfied through video)
A minimum of ten (10) Experiential Consultation hours. $125/consultation with training assistants; cost may be higher with faculty
A minimum of ten (10) Case Consultation hours, at least four (4) of which must be with NARM faculty; $125/individual consultation and $75/group consultation with training assistants; cost may be higher with faculty
Case consultations can be completed individually or in group format – there will be 1 group Case Consultation for each training module (other than Module 1).
Please Note: two (2) hours of group Case Consultation are equivalent to one (1) hour of personal Case Consultation.
Consultation requirements must be completed no later than one year after the completion of course work.
- An evaluation of your NARM Practitioner Skills may be requested before completion of your program.
THE NARM PRACTITIONER TRAINING *** is an advanced clinical training designed to enhance the skills of professionals who work with developmental trauma. The training is intended for mental health and/or somatic practitioners with an active practice so the material presented in each module can be applied and developed. Graduate trainees and interns actively seeing clients are welcome to apply. Other health care professionals or educators working with complex trauma will be considered. Applications are approved on a case-by-case basis, and may include a personal interview with the coordinator and/or faculty member. The training is not appropriate for those solely seeking a personal growth experience.
Course Tuition per Module:
Early-Bird Rate – $1175/module
[1st module early-bird deadline: January 1, 2019]
Full Training Early-Bird Monthly Installment Plan – $361.50/month over 13 months
[Installment plan early-bird deadline: January 1, 2019]
- Full Tuition Rate — $1250/module
- Registered Student/Intern Rate — $1050/module
[Monthly installment plan option available for students/interns]
- Group Discount available for 3 or more from the same agency/clinic – please inquire
30 CEUs per module: Available for psychologists, psychotherapists, marriage and family therapists, social workers and personal counselors. Additional cost for CEUs.
Stefanie Klein is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, NARM Master Therapist, consultant, and faculty member. She has spent 22 years in her Los Angeles private practice specializing in treating adults with trauma and anxiety disorders. For the past decade, she has had the distinct privilege of being mentored by Dr. Laurence Heller, founder of The Neuroaffective Relational Model. Stefanie has been honored to assist Dr. Heller in all of his US NARM practitioner trainings and has found NARM to be an extremely effective model for working with attachment, relational, and developmental trauma. She has also witnessed first-hand how personally and professionally transformational the NARM Practitioner Training has been for those whom have participated thus far. Stefanie is excited to share the NARM approach with anyone looking to have more ease and efficacy in their practice. Visit: https://www.stefaniekleinlcsw.com/
Dr. Laurence Heller is the founder of the NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM), and co-author of Healing Developmental Trauma: How Early Trauma Affects Self-Regulation, Self-Image and the Capacity for Relationship and Crash Course: A Self-Healing Guide to Auto Accident Trauma and Recovery.
How to Register:
Download your application** here: 2019 NARM Application Form Seattle
Email your completed application to: SeattleNARM@gmail.com
A personal interview may be required.
Upon acceptance into the training, you will be notified by email of your acceptance into the training. (If you are not accepted into the training, you will also be notified by email)
Upon notification of acceptance, you will receive a link to register & process your payment.
After payment is received, you will officially be welcomed as a student in the NARM Practitioner training.
* The Seattle NARM Training reserves the right to approve or deny any application, and/or accept or reject the participation of any person in its sole discretion and in accordance with its policies and the law.
** Applications are used in two ways: to ensure that all participants have appropriate background to participate in the training, and to help familiarize us with the participant group.
*** NARM Practitioner Training is not a licensure or certification training. You are responsible for working under your professional license and within your scope of practice.
**** The NARM Training Institute is not responsible for non-refundable air, hotel and other travel expenses incurred related to registration for trainings and introductory workshops. It may be necessary due to enrollment and other considerations to change or cancel the date of a training. If so, only registration fees will be reimbursed. Please make your travel arrangements with this in mind.